The Radial Story
Radial’s been around since 2003. And since Day 1, our focus has been on helping you find the best wellness business growth strategies and wellness marketing techniques to grow your health and wellness businesses, whether you’re a solo practitioner or a brand most of us would instantly recognize.
We might work with a small health coaching practice at 9 a.m., jump on a conference call with a growing corporate wellness provider after lunch, and talk strategy for a well-known healthcare provider before the day ends. It’s never boring!
Our goal is to provide the services that clients need to make their business plans a reality. One client might need help putting together a marketing plan that their in-house team can implement. Another might want us to everything needed to launch a new program or product. Yet another might want help crafting a high-stakes sales proposal for a corporate wellness client, or re-branding their health club chain.
Yes, wellness is different.
The typical practices of other industries – cut corners on service, hire cheap labor, and pressure prospective customers – don’t work in health and wellness. (More about how wellness is different, here.)
After all, decisions about individual wellbeing are among the most personal choices consumers make. So we’re all about finding smart ways to use big business knowhow – adapted specifically for health and wellness businesses of every size.
We started out, over ten years ago, with a list of four values that really mattered to us. That list hasn’t changed a bit:
- Ethical – Your ideas stay your ideas. Our discussions remain confidential. If we have a financial relationship with a vendor we recommend, we tell you.
- Objective – We share your excitement and energy. But we’re not “yes men.” If we think your business is heading in the wrong direction, we say so.
- Realistic – No silver bullets, surprises or gotchas – just realistic ideas and plans, clearly communicated.
- Committed – we support everyone trying to make a healthier world, regardless of their financial resources, through our Acorn Award and other free resources.
Leslie Nolen, Radial’s president
My focus is spotting the best competitive niche for your wellness business and “unsticking” your progress to the next level.
- I’ve been a CFO, COO and I’m a non-practicing CPA and reformed liberal arts major
- I’ve seen pretty much everything, thanks to 20+ years of senior management in tiny startups through the Fortune 500, in sales, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, & strategy
- I’ve been neck-deep in leading M&A due diligence and pitching deals to private equity investors
- I’m a frequent source for national media like PBS Marketwatch, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Business Week, & Fortune
- I do not apologize for loving broccoli (also, World War II books, Monty Python, and the 2011 remake of “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy”)
- I learned everything I know about marketing from the squirrels in my backyard.
Don Muchow, Radial’s content and media director
I focus on the ways that technology can highlight–not hide–your company’s core messages.
- 25 years of marketing and sales leadership applying content marketing, analytics, and digital technologies to healthcare, life sciences and technology products and services
- Led development of hundreds of webinars, white papers, special reports, videos, webcasts and more
- Deep experience in building user communities around healthy lifestyles
- Diagnosed with insulin-dependent Type 1 diabetes at age twelve
- Ultramarathoner, century cyclist and triathlete
- Former top-40 radio announcer and improv comic
- Favorite food: roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic, shaved Parmesan, and just a touch of balsamic vinegar. Not the stuff your mom used to boil.