Can’t stand all those squishy definitions (wellness = “state of wellbeing”…duh!) but I like these definitions because they’re fairly concrete and actionable.
- Maintaining a balance among the six dimensions of wellness: social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, occupational, and physical
- Feeling well in body, mind, and spirit
- Applying habits of healthy living
- Having a “reserve” that keeps you going despite stress
- Removing personal obstacles to performing at the highest level
- Being physically fit and observing healthy eating practices
How do you define wellness? Or do you just “know it when you see it”?
And how should we refine these definitions so that they’re meaningful for employers vs individuals?
Post in the Comments section below (and we always keep your email private).