It’s great when you can describe your wellness services in a quick soundbite.
Yet it’s surprisingly hard to do.
Here’s a clever technique that you can borrow from the TurboTax people:
Compare your business to something familiar that everyone recognizes and can relate to.
Here’s a simple example and I KNOW you can improve on it for your particular business:
“We’re like your….”
“…healthy living kindergarten for adults. We keep it simple, easy and fun.”
Here’s how I use this method to describe Radial:
“…the marketing department everyone needs and no one has.”
Try It Yourself
This is a great brainstorming project for your team. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- a familiar profession – teacher, cop, etc.
- a familiar role – best friend, cheering section
- a familiar product – Swiss army knife, a jigsaw puzzle
- a familiar brand – iPhone, BMW or Mercedes, McDonald’s, the Dallas Mavericks
- a familiar activity – a party, a class, housekeeping
Then, connect it to your actual services. In the TurboTax example, they explain that they’re like a GPS because they give you “step by step instructions.”