To help you refocus and prioritize, we created a free assessment tool, “The Habits Of Good Management.”
Below you’ll find instructions, the assessment tool (including a PDF of a blank form for your use), and a scoring guide.
1) Complete the self-assessment and calculate your scores.
2) Explain to your team that you’d like their anonymous feedback to help you do a better job.
3) Put a BLANK unscored copy of the assessment on employee desks or in their mailboxes.
4) Designate a dropoff point that is out of your line of sight. Do NOT ask them to put their names on the forms.
5) Set a due date within 7 days by which they should return the assessments.
6) Recalculate your scores using the assessments your staff completed.
7) Analyze your scores:
First, identify the management habits where your view of your behavior differs significantly from their view of your behavior.
Next, identify the habits where you and your team agree you could do better.
Last, identify the habits where you and your team agree that your performance is strongest.
Use the scoring guide to create a personal development plan for the areas where your staff feels you fall short. Remember to maintain the habits that you do well.
The Habits Of Good Management